Old February 3rd 08, 05:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Brad[_1_]

Default AIP Question

On Jan 4, 4:59*pm, Ross wrote:
I have a question regarding the rings shown on some charts and not
others. They are a dashed ring and are labeled "FEEDER FACILITIES"
and/or "ENROUTE FACILITIES". *The may not be on all charts nor both on
the same chart. For examplehttp://naco.faa.gov/d-tpp/0801/06000LD15.PDF.
I tried the Google route and that didn't work. I thought some of the ATC
folks could help me find out their meaning.

Ross
KSWI

Basically they are there to tell you that there are facilities that
are on other charts, such as in this case, a STAR and an enroute
chart. FWIW, my understanding is that NACO is starting to remove the
FEEDER and ENROUTE rings off of charts as they add unnecessarily
clutter.