Old April 23rd 08, 10:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default The gun thing.

"Peter Dohm" wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
Finally got to talk to my gun totin buddy. He assures me that the
video posted is absolutely correct. I'd seen the holsters OK, but
wasn't too sure
if the deficiencies the poster pointed out were for real or somethig
he concocted. Apparently, it's even easier to **** up holstering the
weapon than the video made out. Yipes! I don't really see the point
of the whole locked holster thing myself.
Also, it is standard to have one in the chamber, which I think is
also a mistake, but there ya are. That's the way they're doing it. he
just got back from recurrent training, which is fairly substaintial,
but classified...

Bertie

Thanks for the update. The locked holster idea really seems nutty to
me as well; and assuming, that the rest of the video is accurate,
appears to dissarm the crew at some of the wrong times.

Well, might not be as bad as all that. The instruction the guys that carry
get is pretty good and the stuff the rest of us get nowadays is also pretty
comprehensive these days. The thing about carrying is that that it's like
anything else humans do, if there is a mistake to be made, it will be made.
If it can happen, it will, if it can't, it might.

Bertie