Old April 19th 04, 02:52 AM
Jim Yanik

"Paul F Austin" wrote in
:

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
.. .
"Paul F Austin" wrote in
news

"Ragnar" wrote

"Mutts" wrote ...

Wouldnt a cannon on a police helicopter solve a lot of
problems for law enforcement?

Excellent question! I've always thought they should put at least
an M-60
on
the police choppers. Would put a stop to the car chases real
quick.

That sounds about right. If the police are going to use armed
helos, they need sufficient firepower. I would want at_least_an M60
turret welded on the bottom of each one. Maybe an M1 turret would
be better. Or two. Can't have enough firepower.

Are you suggesting an AC-130 gunship??? 8-)

No, I'm suggesting that armed police helos should be "armed" to the
point that they can't get wheels up. I don't trust police with
automatic weapons much less anything heavier.

Why,has there been any significant number of wrongful shootings involving
automatic weapons fire from police?
(and Waco was not police,it was ATF-troop)
ISTR that many non-US countries police are armed with automatic
weapons,too.Maybe they have more problems in that area?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net