Old November 23rd 05, 03:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Wake Turbulence behind an A-380

But, anything for some cheap shots at Airbus, right?

Here here!

The fact is that when Boeing launched the 747, the separation had to be
changed. No one seemed to mind to much that that happened at the time -
probably because of increased passenger volume.
With that in mind, what makes you think that airlines are going to mind too
much if the separation behind a 380 has to be increased? If the airbus
carries twice as many passengers, that effectively means less Boeings in the
sky and if there is less requirement for Boeings that means less a/c
pollution, more efficient ATC, and safer flying!

I shouldn't be cheering just yet if I were you...