Old April 18th 09, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cmyr

Default can a Continental A65-8

On Apr 17, 11:30�pm, Copperhead wrote:
On Apr 17, 9:41�am, "oilsardine" wrote:

schrieb im ...
.... Seriously, more info would help. �What is you goal? �What kind of
plane?

I have a Revmaster (normal aspirated) in an slightly :-) overweight Sonex.
The plane hasn't flown yet. Some extra HP could help. The Conti would fit
weight-wise, but seems also underpowered for this application. The Conti
turns slower than the Revmaster, but my prop diameter is limited by ground
clearance...

You may be able to rework your Revmaster with a different stroker
crank for better thrust, Bob Hoover's made a believer of me on this as
well as using the right prop combination. Another option that has
greatly impressed me is the BMW 1150 or 1200 M/C engines set up with a
good redrive. These produce good performance numbers with a lot of
positive feedback. HP varies per engine and set up from 90 to
100-100+. One of these in a Sonex looks very appealing to me, but
again I expect that you can do a bit better with your Revmaster than
you expect.

Tundra tires will give you more ground/prop clearance (;o)