Old June 28th 04, 11:19 PM
tscottme

"Robert Briggs" wrote in message
tscottme wrote:
Charles Talleyrand wrote:

Could Canada build a complete modern jet fighter with missiles and
radar?

Not while they keep electing Liberals. Buying production helicopters,
or deciding to buy production helicopters, seems to be at the outer
limit of their ability under such leadership.

I don't see why Canadian engineers would be *incapable* of it.

The political considerations to which you allude are, of course,
relevant to whether such a project would be authorised, but my
brother-in-law would be more than a bit miffed by the suggestion that
they affect his competence as an engineer.

Heaven help us from miffed Canadian engineers. I re-read my reply and
didn't find the words engineering, competence, or incapable. Don't be so
defensive.

--
Scott

Imagine how the war would be different if the liberals were giving aid and
comfort to America.