Old September 7th 04, 06:20 PM
George Z. Bush

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message
On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 08:45:04 -0600, Jack wrote:

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 18:32:41 -0700, Steve Hix
wrote:

In article ,
Jack wrote:

George W. Bush had less than 300 when he
refused his annual flight physical. My point was not against those
flying the F-102 in the ANG. Many of them did stand up and fight when
called.. George W. Bush simply wasn't one of them.

And, wrong again. You need to read slowly and try not to move your
lips. Bush had approximately 300 hours when he VOLUNTEERED for Palace
Alert--a program to deploy ANG interceptor pilots worldwide (including
SEA) to support USAF operations. The desired minimum was 500 hours,
but could routinely be waived to meet requirements.

Since you've already done the research, did you happen to come across an
explanation as to why the 500 hour desired minimum that could routinely be
waived wasn't waived in his case?

(Snip)

And, where exactly did you say you were flying during those years?

Who? Me? I was enjoying retired life in North Carolina, having already done my
bit during three wars. Surely you don't have a problem with that, do you?

George Z.
USAF (Ret)
Rescue Pilot Extraordinaire (the kind who used to go looking for the fighter
jocks who'd lost their way or otherwise couldn't get their gear down over their
home runways)