Old August 22nd 04, 05:13 PM
Cy Galley

There is also much talent at Creve Coeur in St Louis.

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news
In article ,
" jls" wrote:

"David Culbertson" wrote in message
Cy,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Dave

"Cy Galley" wrote in message
Why not contact the NUWACO company and see what they would charge

for
such
replacements. Docs in Sandwich Illinois also does such work.

"David Culbertson" wrote in message
During a terrible Midwest storm a couple weeks ago we had straight

line
winds exceeding 80 MPH. At the airport where I store my aircraft

the
hangar
doors were blown off and a neighboring aircraft and a hangar door

ended
up
on top of my 1929 Great Lakes. Three of the four wing panels are

in
need
of
rebuilding as well as the tail, Left landing gear leg and
engine/prop/spinner.

In order to collect insurance I need some good estimates and

possibly
reputable rebuilder to repair the damage as well as total aircraft
recover.

Does anyone have a reccommendation on who would be interested in

doing
this
work and providing an estimate prior to the work?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks
Dave Culbertson
Great Lakes N777P
Defiant N404BM
Pitts S1

Some skilled and meticulous craftsmen are about to finish an old biplane
from the late 20's or early 30's in Marion, NC at Shiflet Field. FYI,

it
is quite beautiful work, although I am unfamiliar with them. Shiflet

has a
reputation for skilled craftsmen and airplanes hangared there --- like
Monocoupes, Luscombes, Navions, and Swifts.

Try Jim Kimball in Florida. They have done some beautiful restorations.