Old July 23rd 03, 01:48 AM
Snowbird

Richard Russell wrote in message . ..

First, I would recommend upgrading if your machine is capable enough.
I don't recall how much of a resource hog '98 was. 2000 was bad and
2002 showed a big improvement. Microsoft is just about to release
2004 so you may want to wait. Upgrading will solve the airport issue.
I believe that the flight models are better also, although the
improvement is marginal. There are ways to edit the flight model
values but I've never done that so I'll leave that to others. But be
aware that the option is there to tweak the planes characteristics.

OK...where would I find info on how to do this? Anyone know?
Do I need a special Airplane Designer program to do it?

I control my fine pitch adjustments with trim.

Me, too. But the yoke is still so sensitive that
it's very difficult to obtain small rates of climb
and descent (100 fpm) to adjust altitude excursions,
or to adjust the rate of descent on an ILS.

I tried turning down the sensitivity of the yoke,
but I'm not sure that helped. It may actually have
made the problem worse -- I have to push a bit harder
to get any change, and the window between "some change"
and "huge change" seems narrower, if this makes sense.

Another suggestion that I have is to search for aftermarket planes for
the sim. I know that's a problem for the Grumman because I tried to
find one a while back to show my CFI (she has one).

We have 2 Cheetahs and a Tiger. I've been flying one of the
Cheetahs because it's better than the Tiger on the pitch excursions,
but acting on your advice I'll try the other Cheetah and see if
it's better. It would be great if I could tweak the Cheetah
I'm using, though. It has Narco Nav radios, which are convenient
as one doesn't have to bring up a seperate radio stack to change
frequencies.

I've been checking to see if there are aftermarket Grummans
available for 2002 (or upcoming 2004) and so far No Joy,
anyone know of one? Doubtless I don't know the best places
to check....is it possible to convert planes from '98 to 2002/4?

Does 2002/4 take care of the flight trace/profile view problem?

Thanks!
Sydney