Old December 16th 06, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Scott[_1_]

Default A-65 Oil screen thread pitch?

Actually, I'm not sure they actually called it that in their catalog,
but that's essentially what it is. Anyhow...I got the threads repaired
yesterday, so I'm ready to button up and test run it. Thanks to all for
the help...

Scott

joeslow wrote:
Scott,

It is called a "Therad Chaser" they make them in all sizes ... you may
find them at Enco.com or other machine catalogs.

JK

Scott wrote:

I can't remember the exact name of the tool, but it's made to repair
internal threads that are damaged. Basically looks similar to a piston
ring expander with changeable dies that attach at the ends. Then all
you do is set the dies into the threads, squeeze the handle a bit to
give the dies some pressure to stay in the threads and spin the tool around.

Scott