Old February 22nd 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Andrew Crane

Default a VERY close call....who'd be deck crew?

"JohnO" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 21, 5:13 am, "Andrew Crane" wrote:
"Nick" wrote in message

Thought you guys might be interested

http://www.videosift.com/video/Helic...s-A-Close-Call

But why wouldn't he have kept some negative collective to keep it

nailed
the deck?.... how far would the tips 'dished' down?.....not enough to

cause
the crew more worries than they already had??

I think you dreamed "negative collective".

It seemed very light on the skids on the previous couple of swells??

The chap took off. It didn't do this by itself.

Regards
Andrew

If the collective was not full down the chopper would be light on the
skids, The ship dropping in the swell would be enough for it to lift
off the deck.

Which begs the question why was he light on the skids in the first place.
And why he didn't respond to the lurching during the previous two swells. I
think he was having a play.

Regards
Andrew