Old July 13th 07, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Stubby[_2_]

Default Heart trouble

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
It appears that I am having a little bit of trouble with my heart. It
came on rather suddenly, as an EKG last December showed no problem at
all. But apparently I have developed something called an atrial
fibrillation. It doesn't look good for my flying status, but we shall
see.

The exact same thing happened to me. Other responders discuss the
treatments, etc.
But, when I saw my AME, I told him the I had developed A-fib. He said, "You
didn't put it on your application for your Medical Certificate, did you?"
Well, I did. He explained that he wanted to work with me on the exact
wording as to not put up a red flag for the FAA.

The FAA has not asked me for any additional documentation, so I suppose I
passed. Also, because I don't notice any symptoms, I have not asked for a
"conversion" to get the rhythm back to normal -- too scary!