Old February 8th 09, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default Moving a glider with a U-Haul Truck

At 20:05 08 February 2009, BT wrote:
I remember reading about a cross country trip that started some where in

the Central US.. Ohio?
and ended on the Eastern Massachusetts coast..

That would be a long way to motor back west bound.
And a long way to go west, retrieve the trailer and drive east and west

again.

BT

David Noyes, Ventus CM. Takeoff: Marion, Ohio. Official start: Galion,
Ohio. Landing: Plymouth, Massachusetts. Written up in the January 1995
issue of SOARING. Aritcle titled "Straight out to Cape Cod".

One simple quote from the article about trucking back. "If you're evr
tempted to duplicate this trick, rent at least three dozen pads and have
lots of rope." There is one picture of the plane loaded in the trailer.

I know someone that made his straight out flight, secured the plane,
hopped on Greyhound to get home, then drove down with the trailer to get
his ship back. Now that I think of it, I know of at least two people that
have done that. It is much simpler to have a crew.

Steve