Old April 5th 15, 05:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default Sustainer/turbo gliders

On Saturday, April 4, 2015 at 3:52:24 PM UTC-7, Renny wrote:
My choice for sustainer is the FES (Front Electric Sustainer) for the following reasons:

1. It is extremely simple to operate.
2. It is very, very reliable.
3. It is very quiet.
4. It does a fine job at high elevation airports like Moriarty which is at 6,200 feet.
5. The "range" of 60 miles (or so depending on battery charge) is enough to get me back to Moriarty or to another airport.
5. If it were not to start, there is absolutely no additional drag penalty.

I will, most likely, never own another glider without one!
Thanks - Renny

I was really impressed with the FES system when I saw it at the SSA Convention a while back. Flip one switch, twist a knob, and you get instant thrust. We're currently developing an FES installation for the HP-24 kit sailplane.

Thanks, Bob K.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/HP-24...t/200931354951