Old April 28th 09, 05:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rlovinggood

Default Towing a single place glider trailer with a Ford Ranger or ChevyS-10

A friend of mine used to have an older Ford Ranger and it pulled my
single seat glider in a homebuilt trailer, without brakes, just fine.
His Ranger was the "extended cab" version and had a small V-6 engine
and automatic transmission. Two wheel drive.

I don't remember the year model of the truck. Probably late 80's or
early 90's. But as a tow vehicle, it was fine. No problems. The
only times I could realize the glider trailer was when I looked in the
mirrors. This little truck was not swayed by the glider and trailer.

Of course, your mileage may vary...

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA