Old October 17th 09, 03:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default Jeppesen Garmin Nav Updates

wrote:

On Oct 15, 11:05 pm, Blanche wrote:

The argument electronic v paper is irrelevant.

Actually it is relevant with regards to expense. If I want to just do
local approaches in MS for this month, I can purchase a book of plates
for less then 10.00 (I think that's the going price for NACO, Jeppeson
is higher I think). That book is certified just as accurate as the
electronic version. Takes the same amount of people and labor. I
don't use Jeppeson, but they do issue paper charts. Trip to Ohio for
NACO plates probably would have costed about 50 to 75 dollars. I
don't know the Jeppeson cost, but I am sure it's higher.

I can't pick and choose what I want or need on a month to month basis
for the Garmin 430 card. The cost for the electronic version isn't
justifiable IN MY EYES compared to the paper product.

You should take up a different hobby.