Old August 19th 20, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
andy l

Default My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders

On Wednesday, 19 August 2020 at 16:27:43 UTC+1, jld wrote:
"You suggested this company has better materials and design techniques than its rivals"
You should rad post more carefully, I don't recall having suggested GP has better materials. My only point was that the weight they are claiming aren't so incredible.

I will not challenge your other statements since you seem be astute in aircraft design, certification and manufacturing.

No need for the sarcasm.

I'm not any better informed than average, and I'm not pretending to be

You however have been smearing companies who have been making thousands of gliders for decades, airworthiness authorities in several countries, and more besides, and your expertise, whatever it is, propounds the low weight benefits of weaker cockpits (a claim not made by the manufacturer) and the cleverness or convenience of bypassing other standards

Yes, certification does cost money, so finding another category with less of it can be an advantage, but you may cause concern if it sounds like you suggest glossing over design work too.