Old December 19th 03, 02:25 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Peter R." wrote in message
Julian Scarfe wrote:

I think the authors of GASIL do a generally good job in producing

something
that is bound to be didactic. But this is one of a few examples of

really
awful science. So the autopilot makes an uncommanded roll and one of

the
passengers happens to find a mobile phone on. So the mobile phone must

be
responsible for the autopilot issue. Yeah right...

My KAP 140 AP made an uncommanded roll to the right after I invoked it
at cruise a few months ago. No cell phones were on.

An investigation by avionics later discovered that one of the servos was
defective and needed to be replaced.

Maybe your cell phone was defective, not the servo.