Old January 19th 09, 06:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

Default Live coverage of the Chile GP starts at 18:00GMT today

I stopped watching after a few minutes.
The quality of the picture is lousy.
Udo

I found the quality to be quite acceptable. It was actually rather
exiting watching it, knowing that the adrenaline was flowing in real
time. Pic quality gets pretty decent once the terrain comes into
focus, but while it is scrolling terrain it gets pretty messy. The
announcing was even OK. I called up a buddy and we watched it
'together' on the phone, relishing the blow by blows. I see why 'real'
sports fans are so excitable. If a game interests you than watching
tactics unfold IS quite fascinating.

Now if only I could get this worked up about a bunch of guys in tights
throwing/kicking/hitting a ball while chasing each other around and
grabbing each other...hmm, now that I think about it I think I'll
stick with the gliding thanks.

-Paul