Old January 19th 04, 04:37 PM
Alan Minyard

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 06:24:27 -0500, Cub Driver wrote:

Social psychologists have for years known that when people are confronted
with a message that challenges their beliefs they suffer dissonance which
causes psychological discomfort

Psychological discomfort! That's Teddy Kennedy, all right!

There are a number of people who give me that kind of psychological
discomfort, including Richard Nixon.

It's not the message that causes the discomfort, my friend. It's the
messenger. Some people could recite the Ten Commandments, and I would
dismiss everything they say, including Richard Nixon and Teddy
Kennedy, and Adolf Hitler and Richard Dahlmer, and ...

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com

Not to mention the fact that "social psychologists" read tea leaves,
consult the intestines of goats, etc. They are, by any reasonable
measure, not scientists and anything that they "know" is derived
from PFM. (Pure F******* Magic).

Al Minyard