Old August 12th 18, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Flying with Parachutes

I've jumped out of a Cessna-182 with a sport rig which is much larger
than an emergency parachute.Â* Of course it had a jump door and no seats,
which made it much easier.

Recently, I ferried a C-182 which had not been flown for a dozen years
and I wore a parachute.Â* It was tight, but by opening the door, and
sliding the seat aft, I was able to rotate my body out the door.Â* Now,
should part of the harness catch on the door latch, the outcome would
not be as nice...

On 8/11/2018 9:29 PM, 2G wrote:
Unless you have an emergency door ejection on your Cessna (I have never seen one with this), you won't be able to get out to use your parachute.

Tom

--
Dan, 5J