Old December 8th 05, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wireless head mounted microphones

Neil Allison wrote:
but I haven't seen any receiver for them that could be plugged into an
aircraft radio microphone input.

On paper the Jabra A210 looks close to what you would need to pair with
a standard bluetooth headset:
http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/NA/EN/...A210/JabraA210

You'd probably need to make a 2.5mm socket to Aviation radio jack
adapter lead to connect it to a radio.

The suggested temp range -10degC to 45degC and yet another 2 Li-Ion
batteries (headset & receiver) might conspire to make a cool solution
possibly more trouble than its worth?

Seems like it. The ideal solution would be a small receiver that could
be powered by the bias voltage on the radio microphone input, so a
battery or power connection wasn't needed. Maybe some radios will have
BT built into them, and even the standard aviation headsets will go
cordless. In the meantime, I'll just have to envy the mobile phone users
that walk around, apparently talking to themselves like a homeless person.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA