Old January 22nd 04, 12:43 AM
Matt Clonfero

In article , Tony
Williams wrote:

Yep. And if you eliminate the missiles and the plane's radar too,
you'll save most of the cost of the weapon system!

Military aircraft are extremely expensive to purchase, maintain and
train for. It makes no sense to save a tiny percentage of the
whole-life costs of acquiring an aircraft system if by doing so you
remove a useful, if secondary, military capability.

Oh, I quite agree with your point - the whole life cost saving of
deleting the gun is negligible when compared with the WLC of the whole
system. My issue is with people who say that you don't save much, in
absolute terms - because you do.

Aetherem Vincere
Matt
--