Old November 11th 03, 02:35 PM
Stealth Pilot

On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 19:23:45 GMT, Max Krippler
wrote:

Can anybody tell me what are the typical pressures required to dimple
a skin and also to compress a flush rivet? I know that squeezer tools
are rated at typically two to four tons, but what are the actual
pressures required? I'm trying to work out the dimensions on a hand
operated gantry for dimpling and back-riveting the skins on an RV, and
I don't want to over-engineer the thing too much...

Thanks,
--Max

until you get a sensible answer...
take a piece of dressed soft pine
place the rivet hammer on it and pull the trigger.
adjust the pressure down until the hammer action fails to mark the
pine.
that should be just about right.
Stealth Pilot