Old October 4th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Natalie

Default Good Place To Get Jeppesen Enroute Charts?

NW_Pilot wrote:

Yea, I have a Flitestar I like To have the real chart in my hands.

The real jepps are a little flimsy. I like the tripkit you can
generate via JeppView3 (I suspect flightstar is the same they seem
to share a lot of code, but I haven't loaded up flightstar on my
efb yet). I also like when you print it, it burns the "possibly
obsolete on mm/dd/yy" into the top, something that the plates
lack. It will also print the enroutes in "plate sized" pieces
meaning you don't have to go through all sorts of chart oragami
to use them (which further chews up the flimsy enroutes that jepp
doesn't replace that often).

I had a traditional jepp subscription for EAST. I got tired of
filing updates and besides I did catch jepp failing to ship me
a chart. Since I have the chartview in the MX20 anyway, I have
canned my paper subscriptions (they still send me enroutes
and chart notams even though they are redundant).