Old June 29th 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
601XL Builder

Default Clutch switch position

Steve R wrote:

Going slightly off topic, and I'm not meaning to put anyone down here, but
why is it that just about every emergency autorotation I hear about results
in significant damage to the helicopter? Most folks walk away from them,
which is good, but some don't. This seems to be fairly common even among
aircraft that have the reputation of being relatively forgiving in this
mode. Are autorotations "that" critical or are the successful ones simply
not considered to be worthy of news so I'm not hearing/reading about them?

I think it more because you just don't here about the ones that DON'T
result in significant damage.