Old July 14th 05, 01:05 PM
Jon Kraus

This was our first annual in our '79 Mooney 201. 8.5 AMU's and I am
still scabbing over from the beating.

rebuilt exhaust
nose gear truss and tubes
magnito work
fuel tank repairs

Those were the biggies.

Jon Kraus
4443H @ TYQ

Charles Talleyrand wrote:
It would be interesting if other people would post what their annuals
have been like. I'll start.

I own a Cessna 150, which I have had for several years. This year my
annual ..

It seems some Cessna 150 owners have been finding cracks in the
vertical tail attach bracket. It's a piece of metal the size of my
palm that any fool could weld together. It costs (I'm told) $200. To
inspect it requires removing both vertical and horizontal stabilizers,
the elevator and rudder. I'm told this is 10 hours labor. Our local
mechanic has inspected seven and found two cracked.

The mechanic offered to have his apprentence do the grunt work and he
would do the inspection. The apprentence's labor comes without charge,
so I only paid for the inspection itself (very quick dye penetrant
test). Doing this also means you can replace some nut plates with
actual nuts and terminate a repeetitive AD.

In addition I got

Several repetitive AD inspections checked
New oil and filter
Spark plugs cleaned and gapped
Seals on vacuum pump replaced
Valve cover gaskets replaced on three cylinders
Compressions of 74,76,74,76 (not bad for a 1100 hour engine).
Nose gear torque tube link retightened
Shimmy damper cleaned and serviced.
ELT inspected (It's fine)
Wheel bearings cleaned and repacked

Total cost $800. This is the only maintenance I've needed this year.