Old July 17th 05, 03:20 AM
Mike Granby

Well, to be fair, my "outs" would have been to either hold at HGR until
the storms fizzled out, or to land back at KHGR and wait it out on the
ground. So, no, I wasn't really in an emergency, just in an awkward
position, especially without access to real-time weather in the
cockpit. Plan B would have been to call flight service from the hold
and see what their radar was showing. What puzzled me was why I got the
clearance in the first place if it wasn't going to be honored. Of
course, in a few weeks, when the GPSMAP-396 arrives, none of this will
be an issue anymore...