Old July 17th 05, 01:18 PM
Matt Whiting

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message

Shouldn't that be taken into consideration by ATC prior to issuance of the
clearance?

They probably did. Remember, they initially issued a different route which
was declined due to weather. Perhaps they then issued the route through the
TRACON hoping they could sell it to approach.

OK. I always figured that the route was "pre sold" end to end before
being issued. I've gotten partial route clearances before and assumed
that was what happened when they couldn't get the entire route approved.
I'd have never guessed that getting a full route clearance left open
this sort of possibility. That seems bizarre to me.

Matt