Old January 18th 07, 02:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Ron Natalie

Default Confusion about when it's my navigation, and when it's ATC

wrote:
A Lieberma wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Ya know, safety announcements just may have to be made if something
catastropic happens to the electrial system and flight attendence
have to bark out orders using their own voices. I.E evacutation
orders.
Yes, but not every announcement is an evacuation order. Announcements
can be made that override all audio channels.

Yep, a response from a person who never stepped into a plane.
Reeeeeeeed carefully above.

?? It might be clear in your own head, but I can't figure out what
you're arguing about. All Mx said is that you can hear announcements
on top of the headphone channels. That's certainly been my
experience. Are you claiming otherwise?

Every stupid-assed announcement from 'This is your captain speaking
we're now flying over the Grand Canyon' to the 'we're about to
start trying to salvage the airline's bottom line by serving you
overpriced stale snack boxes' overrides whatever meager audio
programming was offered.