Old August 22nd 08, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Don Byrer

Default AIrcraft ID Help

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 10:21:45 -0800, Scott Skylane
wrote:

Every time wrote:
Hi, all

I wonder if anyone could do me a favor, check out the web page link
below, and identify the TOP plane? It's a large, turbo passenger
plane of some kind, I think.

Looks like a Beech 1900

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane

That was my first thought too. No winglets or under-tail strakes, so
it's not a 1900D. Maybe an earlier model?

"Large" would not be a description I'd use for a beech 1900
though...unless comparing to a Piston single.

If it is indeed large, it's not a 1900. A 1900 is smaller than a
Dash-8, which I would consider a "Medium" size IMHO...but it's all
relative.

--Don

Don Byrer KJ5KB
Power & Glider Pilot Guy
kj5kb-at-hotmail.com

"I have slipped the surly bonds of earth; now if I can just land without bending the gear..."
"Watch out for those doves...smack-smack-smack-smack..."