Old October 12th 09, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

Default Cessna 150 annual costs

On Oct 10, 2:08*pm, Anonymous Pilot wrote:

2003 $500
2004 $600
2005 $3600 (current mechanic to present), don't have breakdown
2006 $3500 *don't have breakdown
2007 $5400 *$1300 parts, $4400 labor *
2008 $2300 *$300 parts, $2000 labor *
2009 $7600 *$2100 parts, $5700 labor, replaced rudder

Late 2003 replaced both mags @ $1500
Late 2004 replaced a cylinder @ $1500
Late 2005 replaced attitude indicator @ $1500

For those curious, add $8000 in avionics repairs since 2002.

So find a new mechanic or find a new airplane?

My thought is that what you have paid in just a few years is
exponentially more than it cost me to go through A&P school, which I
finished at 41 years of age with a full time job & a family. Often
people who desire aircraft ownership go ahead & make the financial &
time investment to save money by working on their own aircraft. The
150 is a very simple plane to work on, too.

Ricky