Old February 23rd 04, 08:35 PM
Ben Jackson

In article . net,
Mike Rapoport wrote:
Wow! I can't believe all the posts recommending ways of disabling the ADF!
Dumbing down the test so that you can pass it is not a good idea and that
philosophy is not going to make anyone good at anything. I like the idea of
using a flightsim to practice.

Oh, I'm not going to disable it. I have practiced NDB approaches before
in the simulator. After fixing the ADF right before picking up my
instructor I managed to fly a passable NDB approach.

I was actually sort of concerned that so many VOR/ILS approaches require
DME around here that if my DME (probably the most advanced bit of nav
equipment in the plane!) failed my options would be really limited if I
didn't have a working ADF.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/