Old May 18th 04, 03:32 AM
Paul Crawford

"Andrew Sarangan" wrote in message
. 158...
Nicholas Kliewer wrote in
:

If I just want to do IFR approaches at my class D airport of origin,
how should I file? One FSS person suggested that I file McKinney (TKI)
direct to a 5 mile on a 360 radial from the airport (which has no VOR)
and then back to TKI -- putting "multiple approaches" in the comments
section. Any other thoughts?

Just file TKI to TKI and add multiple approaches in the comments box. Your
clearance will be something like "cleared to TKI, climb and maintain ...."

Actually, you have to file to some point (VOR, NDB, intersection, etc.) away
from the airport and back, otherwise their computers won't accept the
flightplan as there is no actual "route". (I've tried this before and had
to file to a VOR and back...and once airborne I didn't neccessarily have to
go to the VOR).

Paul Crawford