Old May 27th 05, 10:49 AM
Cub Driver

On 26 May 2005 18:16:13 -0700, "Ben Hallert"
wrote:

First, I figured 'easy, I'll just squawk 7600.' The controller will
understand. Then I thought about it a little more. If I'm out in
class E or G, I don't really need a radio, and there are plenty of
barnstormers still flying without. So, why squawk an emergency-type
code?

I've never squawked 7600, because I don't have a transponder.

Nor have I ever used flight following.

I do carry a handheld radio, however. It's not always reliable in
transmission, but very good in reception. It also causes interference
with the GPS, so I switch it off when I am flying cross-country.

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum:
www.warbirdforum.com