Old February 14th 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Cessna 150 @ $11,245 per hour

Comments interspersed below...

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 21:37:02 GMT, mce wrote:

1) Duct Tape residue: Previous owner had duct taped a for sale sign
inside the windshield. It left a couple small lines of residue that
fortunately don't distract from the view forward. But I would like to
clean it off. Any suggestions on what will clean the goo without
destroying the plastic?

Easy.....WD-40... and a soft cloth, or a WET paper towel, (wet with
water first)

2) Control wheel replacement: The control wheels are downright
embarrassing with flaking paint and other surface ugliness. I was
looking at some replacements (ACS Products in the Aircraft Spruce
catalog). Anybody have experience with this? Is this an "owner performed
maintenance" replaceable item? On one hand, it doesn't appear to be a
"complex disassembly", but it *is* a pretty important piece. I'd hate to
render the aircraft unairworthy my first week...

Have your mechanic remove them, or cover the inside of plane, mask ,
sand & paint with good quality enamel. (I know, but it worked great
for us)

3) Seat belts: The seat belt hardware is attractive and in good shape,
but the fabric is faded and starting to fray in a few places. Does
anyone just sell replacement material for the belts? All I've seen in
the catalogs are whole assemblies including hardware.

Several firms reweb belt assemblies....

Dave