Old May 18th 17, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default LX Zeus and PowerFlarm -- Communication Problem

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 7:29:10 PM UTC-4, C-FFKQ (42) wrote:
A CAN bus has nothing to do with the RS-232 connections on FLARM.
You will have been extremely lucky not to have blown up one or
both bits of gear by connecting these two.

Blindly connecting stuff just because they happen to have the
same connector is really, really, really unwise...

Yeah... additional research is indicating that.

I'm now looking at the pinout of the PF on the DB-9 and matching it
to the CAN bus on the Zeus... I have my friend's RJ-45 crimper out. The joys.

One more time: A CAN bus has NOTHING to do with RS-232 NMEA connection.
Do *NOT* connect these.