Old June 30th 10, 02:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

Default Cherokee 140 High Oil Temp. Update

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 19:17:27 -0500, "Mike Spera"
wrote:

As you may recall, I have been troubleshooting a higher than normal oil temp
in the Cherokee. Checked the baffling, replaced the oil cooler with a new

after you land and park the temp guage is still indicating if powered
up.
sooooo. why dont you pull out the dipstick and measure the temperature
of the engine oil all the way down the hole?
I dont know if one of those off contact laser temp indicators would
work in the confined space but good ones are accurate and clean.
you would be able to see what the gauge should be reading.

2 cents worth and all that.
Stealth Pilot