Old February 20th 18, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Cleaning hinges & retaping

Hi John - I would seriously consider looking for the 7 hands and just take everything apart, especially if you are not certain when the last time it was done! My experience with the 303 mosquito is grease, when applied does nothing to really lubricate the center hinge pins, if not disassembled . If the pins were greased at one time and not oiled, the grease acts more as a preventative to light lubricants getting where you really need it, on the pins and inside the composite socket. Take it apart, do what JJ mentions wrt seals, you will be happy knowing that that complicated drive system and the hinges are clean and lubed properly and not providing unnecessary drag in the system.

Mark