Old November 14th 05, 02:57 AM
TaxSrv

Default Transponder prob..

"Dave" wrote:
While squawking IDENT , our "ident" stuck "on"

ATC confirmed we were continuously "identing"

Cycling the transponder to off then on again cleared the
ident fault.

The service manual sheds little light on the fault. So we start at
the switch, and then if OK note when that momentary switch is
closed, a pin on the big IC chip labeled IDENT is grounded. Could
be the chip, or the capacitor which sets the timing for the indent
to be on. It says this time is variable, suggesting a timing
capacitor somewhere (manual silent on this though). Will be
expensive to fix if the chip is bad, unless jiggling it in the chip
socket fixes it (if socketed).

Fred F.