Old November 14th 13, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

Default LXNAV V7 and WinPilot Pro

On Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:50:05 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Thursday, November 14, 2013 2:33:36 PM UTC+11, jfitch wrote:

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:11:49 PM UTC-8, wrote:

Hi,

Will V7 vario support the advanced features of WinPilot Pro i.e. Climb Optimizer, Wind Calculation in Straight Flight etc...

Regards

Jarek

Doesn't the V7 output the LX nav 1600 sentences? If so it ought to work...

The replay from Jerry Plaszowiecki was:

"If it outputs the same sentences as the older LX various (like LXWP0, LXWP1), then it should work ok."

... but how do I find out before spending money on WinPilot Pro upgrade?

Regards

Jarek

A friend has a V7 in his glider operating through SeeYou Mobil
Next time I'm out with him I will ask to plug in my PDA with WP Pro to see if it works or not. This maybe a week or two and unless someone beats me to it I will post the results.
6PK