Old May 16th 05, 04:52 PM
Matt Barrow

"OtisWinslow" wrote in message
m...
This guy was like 69 years old and it's sure questionable how
up to date he was. The account I read said when intercepted
by the Blackhawks he totally froze and the student pilot
had to take over and land the plane. His flying career needs
to end.

There's no excuse for not getting a briefing and getting
the NOTAMS. I don't leave the ground without getting
a briefing and I fly in a low traffic part of the country.

I'd bet we all know people that don't get briefing for the vast majority of
their flights as well as people flying (or driving, if you're from Arizona
or Floriduh) well past the time their ability ran out.