Old July 15th 08, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself[_4_]

Default Stressed Skin Repair Question

RPM the A&P wrote:

Thanks for the tips, John!
I'll certainly take a look at that mil-spec

I'd like to offer one point of feedback. The tone of your comment, "Your
photo really sucks, by the way," is outside of what I would consider
productive.

The photo was offered merely to show the relationship of the damaged area
relative to axis of the part. To clarify, I'm looking for help interpreting
the AC 4313 guidelines for patch size, rivet count, and rivet spacing. That
said, if a qualified aerospace engineer steps forward to offer assistance
with a deep analysis of this tailboom component and its repair options, and
he or she would find it helpful, I can certainly provide numerous high
resolution images from my self-hosted IIS box.

- Russ

He's just like that most of the time, Russ.
But while crass, the comment was correct.

The thing I'd worry about on a Coot tailboom is WHERE that cutout was
located. Not knowing where the damage is, it's hard to make a valid
sugestion.

Way aft is probably not too bad, but up front? I'd probably agree about
replacing it.

FWIW

Richard