Old March 18th 04, 12:47 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Matthew S. Whiting" wrote in message

So an action is taken. That is all I was asking about from the start.

All the strips end up in the discard pile; arrivals, departures, and
overflights.

As long as the strip is there and must be disposed of manually, then I
wouldn't automate it.

Were you under the impression that they wouls eventually get up and walk
away on their own?

It sounded from earlier responses you made that
NOTHING was done at the termination of an IFR flight. It is clear that
something is done, and that something is discarding the strip. Works
for me. It was the thought that no action was taken that had me
concerned.

I see. You were under the impression that strips were retained forever,
eventually filling the facility and requiring construction of another.