Old November 19th 03, 06:28 AM
Scet

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
Subject: PC flight simulators
From: "Scet"
Date: 11/17/03 10:11 PM Pacific Standard Time

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
From: "Gord Beaman" )
Date: 11/16/03 5:42 PM Pacific Standard Time
(ArtKramr) wrote:

From: "Bjørnar Bolsøy"
am
Date: 11/16/03 3:49 PM Pacific Standard Time

I was wondering if anyone in this NG play simulators?
If so, which one? What's the best out there, currently.

Regards...

They are not really simulators. They are just computer games.
Arthur Kramer

Pretty inconsiderate Art...just because you don't play with them
why denigerate someone elses fun?

They do indeed simulate flight, so why do you make that stupid
statement?
--

-Gord.

I flew real simulators. And I have flown the crap they make for

computers.And
anything that you can do on a computer isn't even close. If you want to

fly
your computer for fun ok,bur remember it is just a toy. but don't

confuse
it
with real flying or flying a real simulator. I guess you have never

flown
Air
Force simulators. If you had you wouldn't be talking such patent

nonsense.
Now
be a good guy and just go away.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Well Art, I fly military simulators on just about a daily basis, the Link
P3C OFT and the Thales AP3C AFS and use on a regular basis PC simulators,
apart from the fact that they can replicate aircraft systems with over

400
faults and have motion, I for the life of me, am having trouble
understanding what the major difference is between a home simulator and a
military simulator in terms of simulating the flight characteristics of

an
aircraft.
I notice Art, that when I asked you if you had seen any of the current PC
flight simulators, you didn't comment, so I'm asking you again Art, have

you
seen any of the current PC sims in use?

Scet

Yeah. Flight Simulator. And it is just a computer game. I have only 1100
flying hours 250 of which are combat hours over Europe. Not a lot by any
standard. But comparing Flight Simulator with flying over the Ruhr Valley
compares only in someones wildest dreams, not in reality. But it goes

over big
with toy lovers.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

No Art, if you bothered to read my post correctly and got down off your high
and mighty perch, you would of noticed that I said "Link
P3C OFT and the Thales AP3C AFS" These are not "games" as you call them, but
allow Military aircrew to actually log flight time. They are fully
functional Military flight simulators, which I'm sure that if you were to
see the new generation simulators, you would stand open mouthed with awe.
Art, the Military just don't go letting aircrew acrue flying hours on a
"game".

Can't help but notice Art that you still didn't answer my question "Have you
seen any of the current PC sims in use?"
And also can't help but ask " Have you seen a new generation AFS that has
been made using technology that is less than 2 years old?" You have no idea
of the level of sophistication they have achieved, which includes
environmental conditions including weather and sea states. Remember Art,
these aren't made by Microsoft.