Old December 2nd 08, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Cobra hydraulic bottle jacks - where to buy?

On Dec 1, 3:36*pm, wrote:
I am looking for a source for a replacement bottle jack for a cobra
trailer ramp (yes, I know I should switch to the mechanical jack and
all problems will go away, but I don't want to go down that route
yet). The Torin 2-ton jack that Walmart and Autozone sell is extremely
poorly built, in addition to the dimensions not being quite right.
Somebody must have gone through this before and found a decent source?

Williams Soaring usually have the standard Cobra crappy hydraulic pump
in stock. It was around $80 or so when I replaced mine a year ago.
They don't list it on their website currently but give them a call.

Folklore says to drain and replace the hydraulic fluid after a few
months in an attempt to flush out some of the metal shavings/filing
etc. you'll find in the oil. Unfortunately the crappy hydraulic jack
that Spindelberger use lets down their otherwise great (and well
deserved IMHO) reputation.

Darryl