Old September 29th 11, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default More on Delorme InReach Satellite Tracker

Hi,

The device does look interesting. I like the ability to do 2-way messages.

I don't like that you need to have a Android device or DeLorme PN-60w GPS to
use with it. I wonder if they have any plans for an iPhone version.

Paul Remde

"Ramy" wrote in message
On Sep 29, 6:33 am, Frank Paynter wrote:
The Delorme InReach Satellite Tracker is now available for pre-order
on their website. Unfortunately, they apparently decided that the
minimum update interval would be 10 minutes, the same as the SPOT
tracker many of us use now. It is also MUCH more expensive for
initial purchase, and (I think) MUCH more expensive on an annual
basis.

The original tech specs for this unit showed a 2 minute interval, and
many of us in the soaring community voiced our objections to the
change to 10 minutes - bummer.

TA

Thanks for the update. Will it report altitude? From the press
release, it does not sound much more expensive than Spot ($250)
http://www.delorme.com/about/pressreleases/inreach.htm

Ramy