Old March 21st 18, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Recommendations for cataract surgery lenses for flying

On Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 11:00:07 AM UTC-4, Michael Opitz wrote:
... I was always taught to move my eyes as much as possible
without moving my head in order to avoid spatial disorientation. ...

I wonder about that claim. An instructor once got upset, for that reason, when I moved my head to look out to the side during the landing flare, to better estimate height above the runway. But I do that all the time when riding a bicycle (checking for traffic in all directions including behind me), and that has never caused any problem?