Old January 10th 04, 09:50 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 20:25:42 GMT, Robert Moore wrote:

But are we talking about minor niggly things that can be MEL'd,
or "something *wrong* with the airplane"

Me'thinks that you are misusing the phrase since neither a
Cessna 172 nor any other small single engine airplane has
a published Minimum Equipment List (MEL). Hence...no MEL'ing
anything. Sure sounds good though.

I used to rent at Sunbird Flight Services in Chandler, AZ. And they had
such a thing - MEL, that is. As I understand it it was used in combination
of some sort of certification or airworthiness (?). If you meet the MEL
with the inop equipment you was still legal to go.

Maybe it was only an insurance requirement.

Bob moore
ATP CFI

#m
A Brazilian judge has announced that US citizens will be fingerprinted and
photographed on entering the country. Judge Julier Sebastiao da Silva was
reacting to US plans to do the same to Brazilians entering the United States.