Old April 7th 04, 01:58 AM
Rob Perkins

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote:

Quite so. CJ doesn't comprehend what FAITH is (the acceptance of something
based on NO evidence, or even things counter to evidence) which is NOT the
way to invoke policy.

!!

Just as a point of order here, I'll point out that CJ's definitions of
FAITH (and mine, too) don't even approach the straw man Tom has set up
here.

Interestingly enough, (and anecdotally so) I can't remember if I did
it here or in another forum, but I once took pains once to post the
definitions of faith that Mormons use, and their approach to faith,
only to have my atheist interlocutor deny that the definition could
apply, because it was in a book of scripture, and wasn't properly in
the dictionary. To him, I wasn't "speaking English". In other words,
he didn't answer the questions raised by the different definition.

It looked to me like a stubborn dogmatic expression of (Tom's
definition of) faith, to me, at the time.

Rob